Child protection and safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You have a responsibility to ensure that the health and wellbeing of children and young people, up to the age of 18, is safeguarded.
If you need more than 99 or you have ongoing training needs, please request a quote via Online Quote Form.
This course introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. You will learn to recognise potential indicators of child abuse, understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on a child, and understand the rights of the child when it comes to safeguarding.
You will learn the actions you should take if you have concerns for a child’s wellbeing, the support available, and begin to understand the basic principles of safeguarding legislation.
The potential risks associated with the internet and social networking will also be considered within this short e-learning course.
- Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
- Understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
- Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
- Understand the basic knowledge of legislation
Who is it aimed at?
The course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for looking after, or caring for, children and young people. It may be particularly useful for child minders, nursery staff, teachers and teaching assistants.
The course may also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, and can support the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
No prior knowledge needed
20 - 40 minutes.
How does it work?
Learners are given log in details and simply they can log on to the Learning Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with scenarios relevant to their area of learning. Assessment is carried out on the completion of each module via a series of multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Why Choose Highfield E-learning?
Highfield E-learning makes the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How to Purchase
Upon making a purchase online, we will send all necessary information for you to complete your training online.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us 020 33758565.