Paediatric First Aid
Paediatric First Aid training concentrates solely on the child and infant age groups. Being confident to give prompt and appropriate first aid following a medical emergency is an extremely important skill and particularly vital for anyone with responsibility for other people's children. ... This includes cover for sickness and annual leave and to accompany children on trips or excursions.
EU legislation within a UK context, but suitable for international businesses that trade with EU and will be subject to the legislation.
If you need more than 1 or you have ongoing training needs, please request a quote via Online Quote Form. Below pricelist is excluding VAT. VAT invoice is provided upon request.
01 - £10.00
02 to 09 - £7.00
10 + £5.50
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. Our paediatric first aid e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online paediatric first-aid training which forms part of the requirements needed for learners to go onto achieve the Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
For those who would like to obtain full Level 3 Paediatric First Aid qualification need to attend 6 hour classroom based training at our centre.
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Who is it aimed at?
It is designed for anyone who deals with children and babies, whether they are private individuals or involved in business:
- Child carers
- Education staff
- Pre-school staff
- Parents and/or grandparents.
In fact, it is for anyone who wants the knowledge and skills to deal with an emergency first aid situation effectively.
No prior knowledge needed
6 - 8 hours
How does it work?
Learners are given log in details and simply they can log on to the Learning Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with scenarios relevant to their area of learning. Assessment is carried out on the completion of each module via a series of multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a Highfield e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Why Choose Highfield E-learning?
Highfield E-learning makes the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for your learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How to Purchase
Upon making a purchase online, we will send all necessary information for you to complete your training online.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us 020 33758565.