Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
CHANGES FROM APR 2021
First Aid qualification becomes Compulsory for new and existing security operatives from 1st April 2021.
From 1st April 2021 learners wishing to start their SIA Door Supervisor Course should present their Level 3 First Aid at Work or level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work certificate to their training provider before they start training. The certificate must be valid for at least 12 months from the course start date.
Existing SIA licensed personnel
Those who already have a SIA licence will be asked to top up their training before they renew their licence to make sure current Door Supervisor and Security Guard licence holders have the same basic skills and knowledge. The top-up training will also bridge the gap between the existing and new qualifications, as it will include elements of the new content that SIA is introducing.
mergency First Aid at Work provides delegates with an extensive first aid skill-set so that they can identify incidents and manage them appropriately, whether the patient is conscious or unconscious. It is designed to be beneficial to all employees, fulfilling recommendations underlined by the HSE.
- Role & responsibilities of a First Aider
- assessing an incident
- Priorities of First Aid
- managing an unresponsive casualty
- Managing an Incident
- Causes and care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Bleeding and Shock
- Burns and Scalds
- wounds and bleeding
- Record Keeping & Accident Reporting
- Practical demonstration and use of an AED
- dealing with minor injuries
Age: 14 +
Length: 7 Hours (6hrs training + 1 hr break)
Time: 10:00 to 17:00
- a valid passport (any nationality)
- a signed UK photocard driving licence
- a valid warrant card issued by HM forces or the police
- another photographic ID card
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical assessment - Learners must demonstrate the practical first aid skills, as indicated within the assessment paperwork.
- Theory assessment - Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions as outlined within the assessment paperwork.
Results are available within 10 working days of the exams. HIGH PASS RATE
Successful candidates will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work certificate from a recognised awarding body, Highfield. It is valid for a period of 3 years and can be renewed by attending another Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work course.
Get ready for changes, book you First Aid training today.